Copper Judaica Design by Ahuva
The Special of the Week - Home Sweet Home - Enjoy 15% saving
Ahuva is an Israeli Copper Judaica Artist who discovered the wonders of copper during her jewelry study at “Bezalel- Art Academy” in Jerusalem.
This malleable, warm ancient metal has a variety of colors of deep red, orange, and green, which makes it hard to resist such beauty
All of the pieces presented are handmade using this process;
- Choosing thick sheets of copper that are cut by means of a specialized thin saw and Photochemical burning technique.
- Then the copper is heated by fire using special Heating-and-Cooling techniques, which makes the metal malleable and gives it a special variety of colors.
- The copper goes through a hammering and embossing process where it gets its shiny texture. Slowly, the symbols become three-dimensional and look almost alive.
- The next step requires 2 layers of lacquer covering to prevent oxidation.
- When the copper is dry, holes are drilled and beads are added.
Ahuva's works are the result of love, joy, and countless hours of thought, time, and effort. I am grateful for the ability to create, express, and share with others.